Not only do women account for half of the population, but they are also the primary decision-makers in most American households. When it comes to reaching women, here are five essential tips to keep in mind:
1. Women account for $7 trillion in US spending. They are a market force to be reckoned with and if you are not specifically considering women in your marketing plans and efforts, you are missing a tremendous opportunity.
2. Women who are loyal to your business will share that loyalty with their friends. Women are natural connectors and communicators. If you play your cards right, you can convert your best customers into your outspoken brand advocates. The key is communicating what your business stands for, being a good community member and making them love you.
3. How do you make them love you? Listen to them. Solicit feedback and actually listen to it. Many women will be willing to share key insights into how your business is serving them and their families. Your job is to genuinely ask (women have pretty good BS radars) and listen to what they tell you.
4. Women are tired of marketing stereotypes. Perfect bodies, perfect babies, and perfect homes – those messages are not making the impact they once did. Instead, women are embracing their strengths, passions and imperfections. By speaking directly to their realities, you will better connect with them.
5. Women are busy. If your business can make their lives easier that may be the most critical attribute you can communicate.